Georgia Tech vs. Louisville Cardinals
Gameday: Friday, October 9, 2020
Kickoff: 7:00 p.m.
Go Jackets! Beat the Cardinals!
On behalf of the Institute and the Georgia Tech Athletic Association, we thank you in advance for your cooperation in hosting this campus event. Please do your part to provide parking spaces for our off-campus fans and guests by adhering to the following gameday parking instructions:
Wednesday, October 7 through Sunday, October 11, 2020
To accommodate TV trucks, please move your vehicles from the following lots on Wednesday by 5:00 p.m.:
- Lower E44: directly behind Daniel Lab
- Upper E44: behind the Emerson (A. French) and Lyman Hall Buildings (including all service and government vehicle spaces)
E44 Customers may park in E52-Peters parking deck on Wednesday, October 7. Access for the E52 parking gates will be added to your BuzzCards or Carpool permits.
Thursday, October 8, 2020
To accommodate for RV parking, please move your vehicles from the following lot on Thursday by 12:00 p.m.:
- W21: upper lot overlooking Ferst Drive
W21 customers may park in other open W21 spaces W27-CRB or W22-Dalney Deck. Access for the W22 parking gates will be added to your BuzzCards or Carpool permits.
To accommodate service vehicle parking, please move your vehicles from the following lot on Thursday by 2:00 p.m.:
• ER55: 6th Street – (Softball Field side only)
ER55 customers may park in other open ER55 spaces.
Friday, October 9, 2020
Please move your vehicles from the following lots by noon on Friday. This includes all service and government vehicles:
- ER51 (4th Street)
- ER51 (Techwood Drive from North Avenue to 5th Street; Brittain Drive; both sides of Fowler Street from Bobby Dodd Way to 5th Street needs to be clear through Saturday at 4:00 p.m.)
- ER55 (Fowler Street from 5th Street to 10th Street) needs to be clear through Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
Please move your vehicles from the following lots by 5:00 p.m. on Friday. This includes all service and government vehicles:
- E40 (Klaus Deck)
- E44 (Fowler Street, west of Peters Deck, including all service and government vehicle spaces)
- E45 (President’s Lot)
- E46 (Burge/North Ave.)
- E48 (Wardlaw Deck)
- E49 (East Zone Non-Residential)
- E52 (Peters Deck)
- E65 (Softball Field)
- E65 (McCamish Pavilion Lot; including all state and ROTC vehicles/trailers)
- E63 (O’Keefe Lot, including all service and government vehicle spaces)
- W01 (Ferst Drive between Cherry Street and the driveway to Student Center deck)
- W01 (Disability/service lot outside Student Center Commons)
- W02 (Student Center Parking Deck)
- W04 (Procurement/Business Services)
- W04 (OHR)
- W21 (Physics/Boggs/Mason)
- Visitors Areas 1, 2, 4, 6, 9 and 10 (8th Street Meters)
- Service vehicle spaces on 8th Street
NEW: Freshman Cake Race on Saturday October 10, 2020
To accommodate the race, please move your vehicles from ER51 -Fowler St. on Saturday by 6:00 a.m.
You are welcome to park in other non-designated ER51 spaces and in any ungated, non-residential zones (except E44).
E52 (Upper Peters) permit customers do not have to move their vehicles on Saturday; however, the entry and exit will be blocked off during the setup and the race from 6:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
You are welcome to park in E52 (lower level) spaces and in any ungated, non-residential zones (except E44).
Questions about the event may be directed to Ramblin' Reck Club at email@example.com
NEW: Wreck Parade on Sunday October 11, 2020
To accommodate the parade, please move your vehicles from E65 (Zelnak side only) on Sunday by 6:00 a.m.
You are welcome to park in other non-designated E65 spaces and in any ungated, non-residential zones (except E44).
Questions about the event may be directed to Ramblin' Reck Club at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, vehicles remaining in the aforementioned areas after the deadline may be relocated at the owner’s expense.
No Parking Zones and fire lanes must be kept clear at all times; vehicles in these areas will be relocated at the owner’s expense.
Unlisted parking areas do not have to be vacated but may experience congestion.
Alternate Parking Areas for GT Permit Customers:
You are welcome to move your vehicles to the following alternate lots at any time on Thursday, October 8:
- W06 Tech Parkway/Marietta Street (excluding Ivan Allen College/Habersham lot at 781 Marietta St.)
- W10 (CRC Deck)
- W22 (Dalney Deck)
- WR29 (West Campus Housing area)
- W31 (IPST)
- E70 (GTRI)
You may remain parked in these locations on Saturday and Sunday (if needed).
Normal after-hours/weekend access for Annual Individual and Carpool Permits is not permitted on gameday.
Customers are responsible for paying the posted hourly rates if a parking ticket it pulled upon entry.
E81-Tech Square Parking Restrictions
E81-Tech Square will not be available for after-hours access on Thursday or Friday. This does not include Evening/Weekend permit access.
The 4Th Street entrance will be closed on Friday. Please use Williams or Spring Street.
E81-Tech Square Deck is not an alternate parking area.
NEW: Instructions for Releasing Towed Vehicles
In order to maintain social distancing and safe practices, the Parking Office will no longer be open on game day. Customers whose vehicles are towed should visit driverseat.gatech.edu and pay their fines online. Once payment has been made, please call 404-385-7275 to get instructions on retrieving the impounded vehicle.
Customers are responsible for paying all fines for citations received on gameday to release their vehicles.
Returning to Assigned Parking Areas
Customers may return to their assigned parking areas one hour after the game ends.
All vehicles must be returned to assigned areas by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, October 12. Vehicles that remain in alternate parking zones after this time are subject to citation.
Transit Operations for Gameday
- The Blue Route will end service at 1:00 p.m. due to road closures. Some of these buses will be placed into service other routes.
- The Tech Square - Clough Commons Route will end service at 3:00 p.m. due to road closures. Some of these buses will be placed into service on another route.
- The Gold, Green, NARA/TEP, and GT - Emory Routes will operate their normal schedules. Due to potential increased vehicular and pedestrian traffic, delays should be expected.
- The Stingerette Nighttime service will begin operations one (1) hour after the game ends.
Enjoy the game and the festivities! GO JACKETS!