The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is a combined bus, rail and paratransit system serving Atlanta as well as Fulton and DeKalb Counties. It also operates direct rail service to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Georgia Tech is near the Midtown and North Avenue rail stations on the Gold and Red Lines. The Tech Trolley provides direct service from campus to the Midtown Station’s Peachtree Place entrance.
Students, faculty and staff can purchase monthly unlimited MARTA passes from the BuzzCard Center. Faculty and staff may also pay for passes via payroll deduction (payment is deducted before taxes). NOTE: Faculty and staff who sign up for payroll deduction will pick up their reloadable Breeze Cards at the Parking and Transportation Services Office.
Learn more about MARTA at www.itsmarta.com.
Metro Transit Systems
In addition to MARTA, Georgia Tech also provides transit passes for the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority (GRTA) Xpress bus, Cobb Community Transit (CCT) and Gwinnett County Transit. Faculty and staff may purchase discounted passes for these systems via payroll deduction only and may be picked up at the BuzzCard Center.
$75.50/employees using payroll deduction
$73.80/employees paying per month in the BuzzCard Center
-GRTA Xpress Bus: $90/Green Zone , $115/Blue Zone
(Only Available by Payroll Deduction)
-Cobb Community Transit: $115 (Only Available by Payroll Deduction)
-Gwinnett County Transit: $120/Zone 1, $170/Zone 2 (Only Available by Payroll Deduction)
Faculty and staff who participate in the payroll deduction program enjoy additional savings, as the pass will be deducted from your pay check pre-tax, thus lowering your taxable income. Employees who submit deduction requests before the fifth of the month will be able to pick up their next month's transit pass at the end of the current month.
How to Sign-up for Payroll Deduction (Full-time Employees):
1) Log into your account at www.techworks.gatech.edu.
2) Click "Payroll and Compensation Home”.
3) Click "Voluntary Deductions”.
4) Click "Add Deduction”.
5) Click on the magnifying glass to search for the type of deduction.
6) Select appropriate transit agency.
7) Enter corresponding transit pass cost (enter half the total cost of pass for biweekly employees, enter full cost of pass for monthly employees).
8) Enter the deduction start date (the current date). Please leave the stop date blank if you'd like the deduction to be ongoing.
9) Press "Save" .
10) MARTA Breeze cards purchased through payroll deduction may be picked up during the week leading to the next month at the Parking and Transportation Services Office. Other transit passes are to be picked up at the BuzzCard Center.
Visit http://www.ohr.gatech.edu/payroll/deductions/transitpass for more details on any of the metro transit programs.