SmartPark Program Upgraded for 2018-19
Aug 10, 2018 | Atlanta, GA
As a part of PTS’s recent access control systems upgrades, a new process will be implemented for SmartPark payments and gate access. Starting August 15, 2018, the following changes will be in effect:
- Purchase Entries in The Driver’s Seat: Instead of using BuzzCard funds to pay for SmartPark entries, customers may purchase SmartPark units at driverseat.gatech.edu using payroll deduction (faculty/staff), Bursar (students) or credit cards. Units can also be purchased in the PTS office with BuzzFunds. Each unit allows one entry and exit. SmartPark units are sold in bundles of 1, 3, 5 or 10 at $6 each. Click here and scroll down to SmartPark article for purchasing details.
Note: SmartPark units are deducted upon exit. Be sure to purchase SmartPark bundles at least one hour before arriving. Regular hourly parking rates will apply if SmartPark units have not been purchased.
- Complimentary Parking: To welcome you to the new SmartPark program, all customers will receive one complimentary SmartPark usage with the purchase of a SmartPark permit. The complimentary unit will be uploaded to your BuzzCard within 24 hours of purchase. Customers are encouraged to purchase units after their SmartPark permit purchase to prevent delays in future parking attempts.
- Tap BuzzCard to Enter: SmartPark customers will now tap their BuzzCards on the main entry/exit card readers at any SmartPark location. All previous SmartPark card scanners will be deactivated.
- Virtual Permits and Units: The SmartPark program is now “permitless” - customers will not receive a physical permit hangtag.
- New SmartPark Location – Area 1: Visitors Area 1 has been added as a fourth SmartPark location. Area 1 is located on North Avenue across from Tech Tower Lawn. It includes an open surface lot and the top/roof level of the Burge parking deck.
- All Entrances and Exits Available: SmartPark will be allowed at all entrances and exits in each parking location. There will no longer be specific drive lanes for Smart Park usage.
SmartPark is a pay-as-you-go program that costs $25 to join each year. The program allows parking in one of four campus locations - Technology Square Parking Deck (E81), North Deck (W23), and Visitors Area 1 and 3. Overnight parking is not permitted. Permits are valid from August 15 to August 14 of the following year. SmartPark permits cannot be combined with other permit purchases. For more details, click here.
Questions about the new SmartPark process may be directed to info.parking@email@example.com.
We appreciate your cooperation and hope that you enjoy the benefits of the new SmartPark program.