Jan 12, 2017 | Atlanta, GA
The surface lot (W31) that serves the Paper Tricentennial Building has been reconfigured to include new vehicle access from 9th Street. This change is intended to better integrate the lot into the larger GT parking system, providing access to buildings and dormitories to the south. With this change comes additional security and safety concerns for the lot. As such, GTPD and PTS will be making the following operational changes. Please note these changes reflect input from the PTB community.
Starting Spring Semester, January 9, 2017
1. The sliding vehicular gate on 10th Street will be closed from 6pm to 6am. During this time all vehicles will enter and exit the lot via 9th Street. There will be no vehicular access on 10th Street (Access for groups can be pre-arranged through Parking and Transportation Services). Signage will be located on the gate informing customers of the time restrictions.
2. The pedestrian entrance on 10th Street will be restricted access from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. During this time, pedestrian access will be restricted to the RBI receptionist and BuzzCard holders only. The gate will remain open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Signage will be located on the gate informing customers of the time restrictions.
3. Both the vehicular and pedestrian gates will remain closed on weekends and Institute holidays.
4. An additional ADA parking space will be located inside the parking lot between the pedestrian gate and 10th Street.
5. The spaces near the fountain will be visitor parking ONLY with a two-hour time limit. The spaces inside the gate will be shared between permit holders and visitors and there will be no time limit. The following visitor fee schedule for FY2017 will be:
Daily Rates (Before 5:00 p.m.) Monday through Friday
0-1 Hour $1.00
1-2 Hours $2.00 (Fountain spaces will have a 2 hour limit)
2-3 Hours $3.00
3-4 Hours $4.00
4-5 Hours $5.00
5-6 Hours $6.00
6-7 Hours $7.00
Nights (After 5:00 p.m.) and Weekends
$3.00 Flat Rate
Visitors will pay by credit card via the Parkmobile smartphone app.. A service fee of $0.35 will also apply to each transaction. If the visitor does not have a smartphone they will be able to call and pay. Signage will be located at visitor spaces to denote instructions for the Parkmobile system. If a department would like to pay for their visitors parking, they can do so via a validation program or by purchasing a reserved space in the lot (reserved space directly in front of the building are not available). Rates may vary due to special events.
Summer/Fall Semester 2017
6. New security cameras will be installed in the lot.
7. New LED lighting will be installed in the lot.
8. New ADA accessible curb ramp will be installed providing ADA access to the visitor spaces directly in front of the building.
Questions regarding these changes may be directed to Glenn Kurtz at 404-894-3010. On behalf of PTS and GTPD, we appreciate your cooperation.