Mar 6, 2020 | Atlanta, GA
Due to Georgia Tech’s precautions regarding COVID-19, Food for Fines has been POSTPONED. We will inform you when new dates are scheduled.
Individuals can pay off parking citations by donating canned or boxed food to Parking and Transportation Services pilot Food for Fines event.
Bring items to the PTS office on Monday, March 23 or Tuesday, March 24 in exchange for payment of one citation up to $55 dollars.
All donations will benefit Klemis Kitchen, a campus food pantry for students with dietary needs and financial concerns that limit their access to proper nourishment.
- Canned or boxed goods can be redeemed for citations in the following amounts:
- 5 items = up to $20
- 10 items = $21-30
- 20 items = $31-55
- Canned items must be at least 14 ounces; boxed food must be at least 16 ounces. Preferred items include:
- Cereal bars/protein bars
- Canned protein (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Individually wrapped snacks
- Canned soups
- Canned vegetables
- Bottled water and juices/juice boxes (no sodas)
- Expired, opened or frozen/refrigerated items will not be accepted.
- All GT students and employees and visitors with outstanding citation balances are eligible to participate. Please bring BuzzCards or ID to the PTS office.
- Donations can be applied to one (1) citation only. Check your citation balance at driverseat.gatech.edu to apply the correct number of items.
- Partial citation payments are not accepted.
- Donations cannot apply to citations that have been transferred to the Bursar’s office or that have already been paid.
- Donations cannot apply to future citation balances.
- Citations pending appeal will be forfeited/dismissed when donation is applied.
- Customers waive their right to appeal citations once donations are applied.
- Customers are encouraged to pay any remaining citation balances on their account after their donation.
- Donations will be applied on the event dates only during office hours (Monday, March 23 and Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
ELIGIBLE CITATIONS (plus $5 late fee if applicable)
- Blocking a parked vehicle - $50
- Double parking - $50
- Illegally parking in a space reserved for special events - $50
- Illegally parking in reserved spaces - $50
- No parking zone - $50
- Obstructing traffic - $50
- Parked in an EV space without permit - $50
- Parking improperly in a Service Vehicle Space - $50
- Parking in a Bus or Trolley stop - $50
- Parking in a loading zone - $50
- Parking in a reserved space - $50
- Parking on a hash mark - $50
- Unregistered or immobilized vehicle - $50
- Illegally entering or exiting a pay lot - $40
- Expired meter - $25
- Misuse of Official Business Permit - $25
- Parking contrary to traffic - $25
- Parking without appropriate permit - $25
- First-Time Offender for Unregistered Vehicles - $15
- Failure to display permit - $10
- Improper parking - $10
- Improper Parking/Use of an Electrical Outlet - $10