Mar 24, 2020 | Atlanta, GA
COVID-19 has changed the way our on-campus services operate. We understand how uncertain these times are, and we are working to accommodate the needs of our campus community who continue to depend on these services.
To better support a reduced student, faculty, and staff population on campus and follow the recommended social distancing guidelines, here is what you need to know about Campus Services changes.
This week, Dining Services will provide meal delivery services for both residential and non-residential students at two on-campus locations in accordance with social distancing recommendations.
Students can order lunch and dinner meals here, and food will be delivered to Brittain Dining Hall and Woodruff Hall South from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m.
This service is in addition to the remaining dining locations that are open for meals. Hours are available here.
The Georgia Tech Post Office continues to operate. The postal services team has enhanced its daily cleaning of both the Post Office and 711 Mail Processing Center in accordance with CDC guidelines and has provided personal protection equipment for staff at both locations.
Post Office, Student Center 1st Floor:
Monday – Friday
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (retail window)
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (package window)
711 Mail Processing Center (711 Marietta St)
Monday – Friday
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Residents with mailboxes need to clean out their mailbox and pick up any packages remaining at the Post Office to assist with the Student Center’s impending closure for renovation.
- Residents are asked to forward their mail (using this link for those living in the residence halls, and this link for those living in Greek housing — please do not attempt to forward through USPS), and to have any critical packages such as perishables and medications redirected to their current place of residence.
- Faculty and staff are asked to call 404-385-4174 and arrange for pickup of their packages at the Mail Processing Center as soon as possible. To ensure the health of our team, mail and packages will be delivered curbside.
Parking and Transportation
Parking permit registration has been rescheduled to accommodate the on-campus changes to our services.
- Permit Renewals: June 1 – 10, 2020
- Wait List Awards: June 12 – 17, 2020
- General Permit Sales: June 19 – July 10, 2020
Visit pts.gatech.edu for more information.
MARTA Transit pass
Monthly MARTA pass sales for April 2020 will be offered online at driverseat.gatech.edu instead of in the Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) office. Online sales will be available Wednesday, March 25, through Tuesday, March 31. Customers will receive an email confirmation with a date and time to pick up passes from the PTS office.
Until further notice, monthly MARTA passes will not be available for purchase from the PTS office. Customers who want to purchase passes for May and beyond should work directly with the transit provider. Customers who purchase monthly MARTA passes via payroll deduction will receive a pass for April as these have been already processed by Human Resources.
Beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2020, Stingerette will operate on a modified schedule from 6 p.m. until midnight seven nights a week. Reserve rides at stingerette.com or via the Stingerette mobile app.
Additional transit services are in place to help students who are on campus:
- Grocery Shuttle — provides trips to Publix at Atlantic Station Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. View route information here. Track the Grocery Shuttle at bus.gatech.edu or with the Passio GO! mobile app.
- Airport Shuttle — offers direct transportation to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (South Domestic Terminal only) through Tuesday, March 31, 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. View route information here. Track the “Airport” shuttle at bus.gatech.edu or with the Passio GO! mobile app (no time predictions will be available).
- MARTA/Airport Access via Campus Transit — Airport access is also available via MARTA. Students may use the Tech Trolley to access the Midtown Station or the Tech Square Route to access the North Avenue Station. Use the Red or Gold rail lines heading south to travel to airport.
All other transit services will operate on a reduced schedule, which can be viewed here.
The PTS office will be closed starting Wednesday, March 25, 2020. The PTS Customer Service team will be available to assist customers via email at email@example.com during normal business hours (7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday). Parking account management is available at driverseat.gatech.edu.
Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech will close until further notice. Here is what you need to know about the bookstore’s various services:
- Online orders: We will continue to fulfill online orders within a 24-48-hour period. We will offer store pickup via appointment only from Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. We will notify you to schedule an appointment. Orders to be shipped will not be affected, and will continue to be sent via ground shipping.
- Regalia orders: We will accept returns on unopened master's and bachelor's regalia until April 30, 2020, with a receipt or order number. All online orders for bachelor's and master's regalia will be processed unless you notify us to cancel. Reply to your order confirmation to request cancellation. Please ship your unopened regalia back to us via trackable means and notify us via email by replying to your order confirmation. We will not provide shipping labels for a return.
- Ph.D. regalia orders: All Ph.D. rental orders will be canceled. Ph.D. custom regalia purchases will be fulfilled and are not returnable.
- Textbook rental returns: You can print a prepaid label to return your textbook rentals to us by April 30, 2020. See our Textbook rental FAQs page for details.
- Faculty textbook orders: Faculty should continue to place their book orders for Summer and Fall via facultyenlight.com.
- Mac service and repair: We will continue to offer repairs for Mac and iPad via appointment. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Starbucks: Our Starbucks cafe is now closed to the public as well.
- Free online textbook access for students: In partnership with VitalSource, Barnes & Noble Education will offer access to free eTextbooks for the remainder of the Spring 2020 term. Visit VitalSource at their help page to get started.
- Free online academic support: Through June 15, students will have access to 10 free, step-by-step solutions and tutoring, per month, from bartleby learn, as well as free premium access to a 24/7 virtual writing center through bartleby write. Visit bartleby.com to get started.
Please contact us at email@example.com for all other questions or concerns.
For more information, visit our customer service page.
Campus Recreation Center (CRC)
The CRC has closed all recreational facilities and programming until guidance is given for it to reopen. Many of our students, faculty, and staff depend on the CRC to support their well-being. During this closure, there are several on-campus and virtual resources to take advantage of. From outdoor options like the Tyler Brown Pi Mile and Roe Stamps Recreation Field and Track to workout facilities in the residence halls, there are plenty of ways for students to stay active on campus.
The CRC has launched eIntramurals for students to stay connected to other Tech students in their Intramurals. Registration is now open and closes Friday, March 27, at noon. Sign up here.
A full list of resources is available here.
The Student Center is open with limited operations to allow access to the Post Office and dining options inside the building. The Student Center administrative office and information desk are currently closed. A valid BuzzCard is required to access the building before 11 a.m. or after 1 p.m. West Village remains closed until further notice.
If you have art pieces in Paper & Clay, you can visit Tuesday, March 24, and Thursday, March 26, from 3 to 6 p.m. to pick them up. Due to our limited operations and efforts to maintain appropriate social distance, you will only be able to collect your things; you will not be able to work on incomplete projects or start a new one.
If you are not able to pick up your pieces during this time, you will have another opportunity at the end of the semester. Details on additional dates and options will be announced in the future. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.